Friday, July 3, 2009

Secret Passage

Hidden Creek


If I had to say what I hope for,
the place I wish to uncover as I leave the shore and start upon water,
it would be a place such as this.

Set back from the din of the crowds on the lake, a keyhole passage barely seen, where shallow water past a gravel bar turns many away at the door.
Where steep shale walls line deep clear pools, and whirligigs spin in a spot of sun. In water so cold and clean, it teases you to sip from it.
Where with each bare step, a crayfish scoots ahead and disappears, backward into the blur of a beautifully crafted mosaic.
And though you know it isn’t true,
just for a moment in this cool and quiet place,
it feels as if you’re the first to have found it.


Creek Colors



Towing the Canoe

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

TAAVEEKUN PERAK said...

love life live love.tq

poefusion said...

Beautiful place. There's a place similar to this in Buffalo, KY I can remember going to as a child. Fond memories there. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Have a great night.

Kelly said...

...beautiful...

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The photo creek colors looks like a watercolor painting. I could "feel" the creek while reading your description of the place.

Deborah Godin said...

The senses must be topped-up just being there.

Deejbrown said...

And indeed you have. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Marilyn Kircus said...

I too love to canoe/kayak little twisty creeks and bayous. Probably the most beautiful paddles I've had have been in Florida where we could see little alligators swimming three to eight feet below us and where the creek was lined with hundreds of pitcher plants of four different species.

But I have been having shoulder and car problems and haven't gotten in my paddling. Thanks for sharing yours.