Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Have you seen...

It is the season of change.
When all around us, leaves turn from the bold green of summer to the withered brown of winter—with all the brightness of color, scattered in between.
More favorite, even, than red—the golden tones that bring warmth, especially on a chilly day.


The soybean fields have turned, as well, almost overnight, into fields dotted with yellow.
A sponge-painted canvas, catching the afternoon light.



Leaves with burnished edges, hint of what this expanse will soon become.
From the plants bearing fuzzy green beans--
grows a broad, rolling golden sea, its little brown pods waiting for harvest.





"Have you seen...." is an effort to discover the unusual beauty in things not usually appreciated for their beauty.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I like the last picture of the farm yard.It is so colorful,typical of what I see in our rural area
I agree that we need to stop and look at regular things in a new way.This is a sure way to gain new appreciation for the world around us.

Mary said...

The red barn photo is classic. I wonder how many people gaze at the fields of goldenrod during their hurried way to work. I do, wishing I could stop the car and just stay for a while.

Yes, Autumn is here, Nina. Your see it well.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your beautiful prose lends a lot to the soybeans.

KGMom said...

Nina-I agree with Mary--love that photo of the red barn--quintessential Americana.

Susie said...

I pass a soybean field everyday. I too have noticed the changes of color.

Anonymous said...

It is that time of year. You can definitely feel fall in the air.

A Colorful World said...

I love the soybean fields this time of year! They really are beautiful! I also love the very brown cotton fields, with their white puffs throughout, and the tree leaves all changed to golds and reds and oranges, framing the field. Gorgeous sights of Fall.

Bevson said...

I grew up in the flatland and love wide open spaces. Thank you SO much for sharing your soybean field. The photo of the barn is a total fave.

Anonymous said...

farm yard pic is nice.