Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Have you seen...

What is a weed?
A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Have you seen the milkweed?

...really seen them?
Little bundles bursting-- just waiting for the monarchs to discover they're here.

It seems looking for things is the easy part.
Seeing them takes a little more time.
So, I'll look until I see....
I'm sure I've missed so many beautiful things.

("Have you seen...." will be an effort to discover the unusual beauty in things not usually appreciated for their beauty)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Holy Cow! I clicked on the picture, inadvertently. Oh my. I must learn how to use my macro. That is gorgeous. And - yes, yes I've seen those little milkweed bundles and waited patiently for the perfume that follows. Ahhhhhh . . . to be a butterfly.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I clicked to enlarge and got lost in the lovliness.

LauraHinNJ said...

One of my favorite weeds! I've tried, but can't get common milkweed to grow in my garden. So I settle for swamp milkweed.

;-)